Researcher, Statistical Machine Translation
The Machine Learning for Document Access and Translation group of the Xerox Research Centre Europe conducts research in Statistical Machine Translation and Information Retrieval, Categorization and Clustering using advanced machine learning methods.
We are opening a position for a researcher with a background in Statistical Machine Translation to support our participation in the EU-funded project TransLectures (www.translectures.eu).
Required experience and qualifications:
– PhD in computer science or computational linguistics, with focus on
– Experience with Statistical Machine Translation.
– Good publication record and evidence of implementing systems.
– A good command of English, as well as open-mindedness and the will
to collaborate within a team.
– Acquaintance with Spoken Language Translation is a plus.
Preferred starting date: July 2013
Contract duration: 18 months
Please email your CV and covering letter, with message subject “Statistical Machine Translation Researcher” to xrce-candidates and to Nicola.Cancedda at xrce.xerox.com. Inquiries can be sent to Nicola.Cancedda at xrce.xerox.com.
XRCE is a highly innovative place and we strongly encourage publication and interaction with the scientific community.
Job announcement URL: