Call for Workshop Proposals
5th Asian Conference on Machine Learning, http://acml2013.conference.nicta.com.au/
The 5th Asian Conference on Machine Learning invites proposals for workshops to be held on Wed 13 Nov, 2013, at the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia. The conference aims at providing a leading international forum for researchers in machine learning and related fields to share their new results, ideas and discuss emerging topics. Submissions from outside the Asia-Pacific region is also highly encouraged.
Workshop proposals that explore the application of machine learning methods to real-world problems are preferred. Of particular interest is exploratory research that describes novel learning tasks and applications requiring non-standard techniques. Submissions that demonstrate both theoretical and empirical rigor are especially encouraged.
Workshop proposal should contain the following within 2 pages, and submitted via email in PDF format to the Workshop Chair email@example.com.
• Title and specific goals
• Specific topics to be addressed
• Relevance and significance of this workshop to the main conference • A history of the workshop, if not being offered for the first time • Invited speaker(s) for the workshop, and whether they have been contacted • Estimated paper submission volume and paper acceptance rate • Expected attendance • Length – Full day or half day • A draft workshop call for contributions with:
• The names, affiliations, and email addresses of the workshop organizers, who should be experts in the related topics and preferably from multiple institutions
• The paper selection process
• A list of potential Program Committee members and their affiliations
Workshop proposals will be evaluated based on:
• Quality and level of detail of the proposal • Theme of the workshop and its relevance to the main conference • Overall balance of the conference workshop program
Workshop proposals due 10 April, 2013
Acceptance notification 1 May, 2013
Workshop material/Website due Sept, 2013 ACML workshop Nov 13, 2013
ACML 2013: http://acml2013.conference.nicta.com.au/
General Co-chairs: Wray Buntine (NICTA and ANU) and Bob Williamson (ANU and NICTA)
PC Co-chairs: Tu Bao Ho (JAIST, Japan) and Cheng Soon Ong (NICTA)
Tutorial and Workshop Chair: Lexing Xie (ANU)
Publication Chair: Justin Domke (NICTA)