ICC’2013 – International Create Challenge
Call for participation open
!! Create your startup in 3 weeks !!
September 21 – October 11, 2013
Description and Objectives
The goal of the 2013 International Create Challenge (ICC’2013) is to foster the creation of start-ups within the framework of Human & Media Computing. The ICC’2013 is an initiative supported by the National Centre of Competence in Research (NCCR) on Interactive Multimodal Information Management (IM2, www.im2.ch), via its association (AIM2), and the Idiap Research Institute (Idiap, www.idiap.ch).
The ICC’2013 is a free of charge 3-week immersive technology transfer accelerator program giving entrepreneurs the unique opportunity to develop their original idea towards a “Minimum Viable Product’’ (e.g., demonstrator, product prototype) in collaboration with groups of entrepreneurs and researchers.
The ICC’2013 combines the availability of state-of-the-art technologies, cutting edge research, mentor-led coaching, and micro-seed investment. The global value of the endowments and awards (cash as well as in-kind rewards) amounts to more than 200’000 CHF. The ICC’2013 can accommodate up to 30 participants, ideally split into 10 teams of 3 people.
By opening this call for participation, AIM2 and Idiap seek to attract highly motivated “entrepreneurs’’ to create or join a team, develop their original idea towards a “Minimum Viable Product’’, eventually resulting in the creation of a company.
Participants can apply as the representative of a group (to be briefly described) or as individuals interested in joining an initiative.
The call is split into two successive competitive steps. More information is available at http://www.createchallenge.org:
• Call for participation: http://www.createchallenge.org/icc-2013/call-for-participation-2013.pdf/view
• Terms and Conditions: http://www.createchallenge.org/icc-2013/terms-and-conditions-icc-2013.pdf/view
• Apply now: http://www.createchallenge.org/icc-2013/apply-now
• LinkedIn group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/ICC-International-Create-Challenge-4386640/about
• Step 1 Application deadline: 14 June 2013 (11:59pm CET)
• Step 1 Notification of decision: 21 June 2013
• Step 2 Submission deadline: 26 July 2013 (11:59pm CET)
• Step 2 Notification of decision: 16 August 2013
• ICC’2013 Start: 21 September 2013
Closing ceremony: 11 October 2013
Contact and information
Questions should be directed to email@example.com.