Amazon Europe Machine Learning Team Coming To Berlin!
Amazon is building a European Machine Learning (ML) team in Berlin! Machine Learning Scientists at Amazon are technical leaders who develop planet-scale platforms for machine learning on the cloud, assist the benchmarking and future development of existing machine learning applications across Amazon, and help develop novel and infinitely-scalable applications that optimize Amazon’s systems using cutting edge quantitative techniques. The ML team innovates algorithms that model patterns within data to drive automated decisions at scale in all corners of the company, including our eCommerce site and subsidiaries, Amazon Web Services, Seller & Buyer Services and Digital Media including Kindle. Amazon was one of the first companies to build eCommerce customer recommendations, fraud detection, and product search using machine learning innovations. Being part of the Machine Learning team at Amazon is one of the most exciting machine learning job opportunities in the world today. If you have deep technical knowhow in Machine Learning, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build solutions to challenging problems that directly affect millions of people: there may be no better place than Amazon for you to impact the world!
If you are interested send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are hosting a week-long interview event on March 12 – 16, 2013 in Berlin, Germany. The basic qualifications are:
• A PhD in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Operations Research or a highly quantitative field
• 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and implementing Machine Learning algorithms and models
• Programming and prototyping skills.
• Solid communication and data presentation skills.
• Problem solving ability.
• A strong track record of innovating in Machine Learning algorithms and applications.
• Strong demonstrated skills implementing and deploying large-scale Machine Learning applications and tools.
• Strong skills programming in Java/C++ and R/Python