The Department of Information and Computer Science (http://ics.aalto.fi/) at Aalto University in Espoo/Helsinki, Finland, pursues research on advanced computational methods for modelling, analysing, and solving complex tasks in technology and science. The research aims at the development of fundamental computer science methods for the analysis of large and high-dimensional data sets, and for the modelling and design of complex software, networking and other computational systems.
To promote its ambitious research agenda, the Department is seeking postdoctoral researchers. While the present call focuses on the topics listed below, outstanding candidates in other areas of information and computer science compatible with the Department’s research mission are also welcome to apply. Applications should be received at latest on 2 April 2012 for full consideration. The Department may decide to make offers to outstanding candidates already before the end of the call.
1. Distributed computing (contact: Prof Keijo Heljanko, firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Deep learning (contact: Prof Juha Karhunen, email@example.com)
3. Machine learning in human computer interaction (contact: Prof Samuel Kaski, firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Statistical data analysis for biomarker discovery and disease prediction (contact: Prof Harri Lähdesmäki, email@example.com)
5. Computational biology and regulatory genomics (contact: Prof Harri Lähdesmäki, firstname.lastname@example.org)
6. Symmetric key cryptanalysis (contact: Prof Kaisa Nyberg, email@example.com)
7. Kernel-based learning with multiple outputs, views and models (contact: Prof Juho Rousu, firstname.lastname@example.org)
8. Pattern discovery in deep biosphere (contact: Prof Juho Rousu, email@example.com)
9. Multi-scale modelling of ecosystems (contact: Prof Juho Rousu and Dr Jaakko Hollmén, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)
10. Statistical physics and computer science (contact: Prof Erik Aurell, firstname.lastname@example.org)
11. Speech and language processing (contact: Dr Mikko Kurimo, email@example.com)
Please see the full call text at http://dept.ics.tkk.fi/calls/postdoc_Mar2012/ for application instructions and information about the Department and Aalto University.