Call for Papers: IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence: Special Issue on Bayesian Nonparametrics
Bayesian nonparametric models are probabilistic models defined over
infinite dimensional parameter spaces. Examples include Gaussian
processes, used in regression and classification, where the parameter
space consists of the set of smooth functions, and Dirichlet process
mixture models for density estimation problems, where the parameter
space is dense in the space of densities. Bayesian nonparametrics
present a flexible framework for modeling complex data and a viable
alternative to model selection, and have gained increasing attention
in machine learning, statistics, and related fields in recent years.
We invite paper submissions for a special issue on Bayesian
nonparametrics to be published in IEEE Transactions in Pattern
Analysis and Machine Intelligence. Original research papers as well as
overview and survey papers are welcome, on topics including, but not
• Statistical and learning theory for Bayesian nonparametric methods;
• Novel Bayesian nonparametric models and stochastic processes;
• Novel methodologies for learning and inference, including Monte
Carlo, variational, message-passing, online, and large scale
• Applications, to signal processing, image processing, speech,
language processing and others.
Priority will be given to papers with high novelty and originality for
research papers, and to papers with high potential impact for
Paper submission and review:
We invite interested authors to submit 2-page white papers outlining
their submission by June 30, 2012, by email to
Feedback on the white paper will be provided, and suitable submissions
invited to submit full papers online, by August 31, 2012, through the
TPAMI site at,
selecting the choice that indicates this special issue. Peer
reviewing will follow the standard IEEE review process. Full length
manuscripts are expected at this second stage, following the TPAMI
Submission of 2-page white papers: June 30, 2012.
Feedback and invitations to submit full papers: July 15, 2012.
Submission of full papers: August 31, 2012.
First reviews: November 15, 2012.
Revisions due: January 15, 2013.
Decisions announced: February 28, 2013.
Final manuscripts due: March 31, 2013.
• Ryan P. Adams, Harvard University, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Emily Fox, University of Pennsylvania, email@example.com
• Erik Sudderth, Brown University, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Yee Whye Teh, University College London, email@example.com