MACHINE LEARNING SUMMER SCHOOL, LA PALMA, SPAIN, APRIL 11-20, 2012
The 19th Machine Learning Summer School will be held in La Palma, Canary Islands, Spain, from April 11 till April 20 2012 and will be collocated with AISTATS 2012.
The school will provide tutorials and lectures on basic and advanced core topics of machine learning by leading researchers in the field. The summer school is intended for students, researchers and industry practitioners with an interest in machine learning.
The school will address the following topics: Learning Theory, Kernel Methods, Bayesian Machine Learning, Monte Carlo Methods, Bayesian Nonparametrics, Optimization, Graphical Models, Information theory and Dimensionality Reduction.
Dates: Wednesday 11 April to Friday 20 April, 2012
Application deadline: 31 January 2012
Location: La Palma, Spain
Email contact: mlss2012[at]tsc.uc3m.es
– Zoubin Ghahramani (University of Cambridge)
– Mark Girolami (University College London)
– Neil Lawrence (University of Sheffield)
– Gabor Lugosi (Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
– Peter Orbanz (University of Cambridge)
– Fernando Perez-Cruz (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid)
– Bernhard Schölkopf (Max Plank Institute Tübingen)
– Robert Vanderbei (Princeton University)
Fernando Perez-Cruz, Bernhard Schölkopf, Neil Lawrence and Emilio Parrado-Hernandez
MLSS La Palma is co-organized by Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, University of Sheffield, Max Plank Institute Tübingen and PASCAL2.
See http://mlss2012.tsc.uc3m.es for details.