BMVC 2012: British Machine Vision Conference, University of Surrey, UK Sept 3-7th 2012
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
The British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC) is one of the major international conferences on machine vision and related areas. Organized by the British Machine Vision Association, the 23rd BMVC will be held in Guildford UK, at the University of Surrey.
Authors are invited to submit full-length high-quality papers in image processing and machine vision. Papers covering theory and/or application areas of computer vision are invited for submission. Submitted papers will be refereed on their originality, presentation, empirical results, and quality of evaluation.
All papers will be reviewed *doubly blind*, normally by three members of our international programme committee. Please note that BMVC is a single track meeting with oral and poster presentations and will include two keynote presentations and two tutorials.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
• Statistics and machine learning for vision
• Stereo, calibration, geometric modelling and processing
• Person, face and gesture tracking
• Object and activity recognition
• Motion, flow and tracking
• Segmentation and feature extraction
• Model-based vision
• Image processing techniques and methods
• Texture, shape and colour
• Video analysis
• Document processing and recognition
• Vision for quality assurance, medical diagnosis, etc.
• Vision for visualization, interaction, and graphics
Dr John Collomosse
Dr Krystian Mikolajczyk
Prof Richard Bowden
26 April 2012 Abstracts due
3 May 2012 Full paper submissions due
14 June 2012 Deadline for return of reviews
2 July 2012 Area chair recommendations due
6 July 2012 Author notifications
1 August 2012 Camera ready papers due
3-7 September 2012 Conference
See http://bmvc2012.surrey.ac.uk/ for more details