The Neuroinformatics Laboratory (NILab) is a joint initiative between Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK) and the Center for Mind and Brain Sciences (CIMeC) of the University of Trento in order to promote interdisciplinary research in cognitive neuroscience. Neuroinformatics stands at the intersection of neuroscience and information science and it provides methods and technologies for managing, analyzing, and modeling neuroimaging data.
The NILab mission spans from scientific to technological aspects. The scientific research activity covers the design and the development of novel methods for the integration, the analysis and the interpretation of unimodal and multimodal neuroimaging data. The laboratory is co-located with the Neuroimaging Laboratory (LNIF) of CIMeC, which provides several facilities for cognitive neuroscience investigations such as MR (4T Brucker Medspec Scanner), MEG/EEG (Electa Neuromag), TMS and EyeTracking.
The successful candidate will work on the development of computational methods for brain data analysis approaching challenging tasks such as brain decoding, brain mapping and brain connectivity.
For further information, please contact info.nilab(at)fbk.eu.
Due to the FBK’s attempt to promote equal opportunity and gender balance, in case of equal applications, female candidates will be given preference.
The ideal candidate should have:
* Ph.D. in Computer Science or related fields.
* Solid background in Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition.
* Outstanding publication record.
* At least basic knowledge of the neuroimaging techniques (fMRI, dMRI, MEG, EEG).
* Good skills in scientific programming with Python.
* Proficient English both written and spoken.
Additional requirements / desiderata:
* Attitude to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
* Ability to quickly learn and use new technologies and tools.
* Ability to acquire knowledge from different application domains.
Type of Contract: research position for a 3 years contract starting November 2011. The gross salary offer will range between € 37,800.00 and € 45,000.00, depending on seniority and expertise.
Neuroinformatics Laboratory – http://nilab.fbk.eu/en/Home
Fondazione Bruno Kessler – www.fbk.eu
Center for Mind/Brain Sciences – www.cimec.unitn.it
To apply online please send your detailed CV with two references to jobs(at)fbk.eu.
Emails should have Ref.Code: NILAB_2011