Discovery challenge affiliated with ECML/PKDD 2011 Conference started on the April 18th. It is organized and sponsored by EU project e-LICO and launched via the TunedIT platform. The challenge is related to recommendation of lectures recorded at VideoLectures.Net site and is based on lecture viewing sequences and contents from the site. Best solutions will be awarded with prizes worth 5,500 EUR.
The challenge is organized in order to improve the website’s recommender system. The challenge consists of two main tasks and a “side-by” contest. Due to the nature of the problem, each of the tasks has its own merit: the first task simulates new-user and new-item recommendation (cold-start mode) situation; the second task simulates (normal mode) clickstream based recommendation. A side-by contest is organized for the best computational workflow, to be chosen by an expert panel. The competition will last till 8th July 2011.
For more information and participation please visit ECML/PKDD 2011 Discovery Challenge web page at:
* April 18, 2011 – start of the challenge (10:00 AM Central European Time)
* July 8, 2011 – closing of the challenge – participants submit last predictions (11:59 PM Central European Time)
* July 22, 2011 – paper submission deadline
* August 8, 2011 – paper notifications
* August 15, 2011 – camera-ready version due
* September 5, 2011 – workshop
* Matko Bošnjak, Nino Antulov-Fantulin, Tomislav Šmuc – Ruđer Bošković Institute
* Nada Lavrač, Mitja Jermol, Martin Žnidaršič – Jožef Stefan Institute
* Peter Keše – Viidea Ltd