Academic post at Edinburgh University: School of Informatics (in the area of Computer Vision): App Deadline Oct 29!!
RE: academic post in Design Informatics, including Computer Vision
The School of Informatics at The University of Edinburgh is inviting applications for a academic post in Design-Informatics, including areas of Computer Vision.
The post is advertised for a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) but more senior appointments may be considered. Relevant areas of desired expertise include (one or more of):
* Computer vision and other sensing systems, including embedded realtime vision systems.
* Interactive media, animation and augmented reality.
* Data transduction, in which designs give the ability to make sense of complex datasets through visualization, sound or haptic feedback.
* Exploration of design spaces, including those associated with computer systems (from microprocessors through operating systems to networks) and with data sets and data visualization.
* Design of software, including interface design and visualization but also including design-related aspects of the semantics and structure of software systems.
* Design for ubiquitous technologies, including social signaling and other systems for harnessing mass information through design of ubiquitous devices or monitoring of social interactions and social spaces.
* Cognition and communication in the process of design, including mental models and user-centred design.
The School of Informatics is one of the internationally leading research departments, covering most areas of artificial intelligence, cognitive science and computer science. The University of Edinburgh is consistently ranked by both the Times Higher Education Supplement and the Guardian Education Supplement as one of the world’s top universities.
Edinburgh is one of the most attractive and desirable living locations in the world.
Details of the post and the application procedure can be found at: http://www.jobs.ed.ac.uk/vacancies/index.cfm?fuseaction=vacancies.furtherdetails&vacancy_ref=3013456
Informal enquiries about the position can be made to any of:
Professor Sethu Vijayakumar
Telephone: +44 131 651 3444
Professor David Robertson,
Head of School of Informatics
Telephone+44 131 650 2709
Professor Jon Oberlander
Telephone: +44 131 650 4439
Apply online at: www.jobs.ed.ac.uk.
Post Application Reference: 3013456
Closing date: 29 October 2010