PASCAL Bootcamp – First call for participation
Pascal2 Machine Learning Bootcamp – Marseille France
First call for participation
The LIF-Marseille organises the second machine learning bootcamp of the European Network of Excellence PASCAL (Pattern Analysis, Statistical modelling and ComputAtional Learning) . This school will be held during summer 2010, from July 5th (afternoon) to July 13th (morning), on the campus of Saint Charles in Marseille.
Objective and Targeted Audience
The bootcamp is an international event which consists in a week of course (lectures, practical and lab sessions) designed for Master students or students just about to start a PhD. It aims at training good-level students from various scientific fields to major thematics of PASCAL network, particularly machine learning.
* Introduction to Machine Learning
* Probability and Mathematical Needs
* Graphical Models
* Kernel Methods
* Machine Learning for Natural Language Processing
* On-Line Learning
We have booked 10 shared rooms with 4 beds each in an hotel in the centre of Marseilles (close to the port), the hotel is totally reserved for the bootcamp participants during one week. The hotel, Breakfasts and lunches (except the lunch of Sunday 11) are included and covered by our sponsors, only the dinners are at your own expense.
Due to the limited number of available rooms, we may select the candidates, see the website for more details.
Application deadline: 15th May 2010.
Barcelona during summer 2007.
* John Shawe-Taylor, University College London
* Colin de la Higuera, Université de Nantes
* François Denis, Université de Provence
* José Luis Balcázar, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
* Alexis Nasr, Université de la Méditerranée
* Rémi Eyraud, Université de Provence
PASCAL2 Network of Excellence
Laboratoire d’Informatique Fondamentale de Marseille
Université de la Méditerannée
Université de Provence