ECML PKDD 2010 – Call For Papers
The European Conference on Machine Learning and
Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases
September 20-24, 2010
* Abstract due: April 23, 2010
* Papers due: April 30, 2010
* Notification: June 21, 2010
ECML PKDD is among the premier scientific forums in machine learning
and data mining: this call invites you to submit your latest results
in these areas.
All papers presenting new and insightful results in machine learning
and data mining are welcome, specifically papers addressing
(non exhaustive list):
* new settings and goals (from interactive learning to privacy);
* new hypothesis spaces and algorithms (deep, hybrid, combinatorial,
condensed, infinite, and beyond);
* new applications (robotics, games, environmental, social, text);
* computational issues (hierarchical, high performance, decentralized);
* negative results: where do the frontiers of intractability lie?
Selection criteria include soundness and reproducibility, originality,
boldness with respect to theory or applications.
Authors should not submit any paper which is under review or which has been
accepted for publication in a journal or another conference; neither should
they submit their papers elsewhere during the review period of ECML PKDD 2010.
Papers must be written in English and formatted according to the Springer LNCS
The maximum length is 16 pages.
Proceedings and Journals:
The conference proceedings will be published by Springer, Lecture Notes
in AI series. Further, following last years tradition, a selection
of the submitted papers will be published directly in two special issues,
of Machine Learning Journal and Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
See also Springer ECML PKDD Community Portal:
Follow ECML PKDD news on Twitter: