The Cross-Language Technologies (CLT) area of the Xerox Research Centre Europe (XRCE) conducts research in the following areas: Statistical Machine Translation; Multilingual Terminology Extraction; Cross-Language Information Retrieval (CLIR), Categorization and Clustering. The team is part of the PASCAL 2 European Network of Excellence, ensuring a strong network of academic collaborations.
We are opening 2 Postdoc positions for researchers interested in the areas of Statistical Machine Translation and/or CLIR. For the first position, we are looking for a candidate with a strong Machine Learning background, for the second position for a candidate with a strong SMT, CLIR, or NLP background.
Required experience and qualifications:
For the first position:
* PhD in computer science, statistics or mathematics with focus on Machine Learning.
* Acquaintance with SMT or NLP is a plus.
For the second position:
* PhD in computer science or computational linguistics with focus on SMT, CLIR, or statistical NLP.
* Acquaintance with Machine Learning is a plus.
For both positions:
* Good programming skills in C, C++, and/or Python.
* A good command of English is required, as well as open-mindedness and the will to collaborate within a team.
Starting date: Beginning of 2010
Duration: 18 months
Application instructions: please email your CV and covering letter, with message subject containing the expression “[CLT Postdocs 2010]” to xrce-candidates and to Nicola.Cancedda at xrce.xerox.com.
More details at:
Inquiries can be sent to Nicola.Cancedda at xrce.xerox.com.
XRCE is a highly innovative place and we strongly encourage publication and interaction with the scientific community.