Research Scientist Position at Xerox Research Centre Europe
Position: Research Scientist in Text Mining and Social Networks
XRCE’s Textual and Visual Pattern Analysis (TVPA) area is an expanding team, which specializes in text and visual content understanding. Our mission is the delivery of Xerox’s innovative solutions that make everyday interaction with visual and textual content simple and effective.
TVPA is involved in several French and European Community Projects aimed at developing the next generation of multimodal information access systems exploiting recent advances in Machine Learning, Computational Linguistics and Social Network Analysis. In this framework, the TVPA group is looking for a Research Scientist with the following ideal profile:
* Ph.D in Mathematics (Statistics), Natural Language Processing or Computer Science
* Strong skills in text mining, machine learning, statistics, social networks, hyper-graph analysis, data stream clustering and tensor analysis.
* A good command of English written and oral communication skills is required, as well as open-mindedness and the will to collaborate with a team.
The successful candidate will be in charge of:
1. Designing and implementing original clustering methods for textual streams.
2. Designing and implementing social network-based algorithms for collaborative document management, including categorization, clustering, retrieval, semi-automatic generation, sharing and co-editing, meta-tagging and trust analysis.
3. Investigating and developing tensor-based decomposition methods to analyze hyper-networks.
4. Collaborating with other project partners in order to integrate the research results in a common environment/platform (sharing components, algorithms and methods).
All these activities will be conducted in close collaboration with other members of the team. As a researcher in TVPA you will also be expected to generate and follow up on new ideas, build strong competencies and intellectual property on your field of research and be an active member of the scientific community participating in key conferences and collaborating with external teams.
Inquiries can be sent to Jean-Michel.Renders at xrce.xerox.com
Application deadline: July 31st, 2009
Starting date: September, 2009
Type of contract: Temporary position – 18 months
To apply: Please send your CV and cover letter to: xrce-candidates (at) xrce.xerox.com.
Xerox Research Centre Europe (XRCE) is a young, dynamic research organization, which creates innovative new business opportunities for Xerox in the digital and Internet markets. XRCE is a multicultural and multidisciplinary organization set in Grenoble, France. We have renowned expertise in natural language processing, work practice studies, image processing and document structure. The variety of both cultures and disciplines at XRCE makes it both an interesting and stimulating environment to work in, leading to often unexpected discoveries! XRCE is part of the Xerox Innovation Group made up of 800 researchers and engineers in four world-renowned research and technology centres.